Anonymous said: Probably a silly question but will we be able to post anything we submit to the fanzine online? Like if we want to post it on AO3 once the zine is released?
Not silly at all, but something I should have thought of!
The fanzine is just for fun, and not profit, so there is no reason to demand content be unique. Heck, I am not gonna be the one to keep awesome Invader stuff off the web!
If you want to re-post your submission on Ao3 ir anywhere else, that is completely fine. I would just ask you mention it was part of the fanzine and if possible link to it. :)
Call for Submission to Invasion# 2
Hello Invader fans! I have mentioned to a few of you that I wanted to do a collaborative Invader fanzine and THAT TIME HAS COME!
I am looking for fanwork submission for Invasion#2
Why # 2, you ask, it’s to honor of The Human Torches numbering system of course LOL. No actually because #1 was a test run fanzine I printed up 15 copies of for the slash con Escapade just to get my toes wet, but I liked the name so this issue will be #2. It also creates a nice set up for differences between even and odd issues which I will get into in a second.
- If you are interested in taking part send an email to email@example.com
Subject Line: “Invaders Fanzine”
-Submission will be taken starting now through September 30th.
- Tell me what you want to submit and I will allot pages on a first come first in basis (So if you plan to send a three page story and two works of fanart I will allot you 5 pages)
- HOWEVER!! At the end of August though if you have made no progress I will open you slot up to other submissions.
- no more than 6 pages per person. They don’t have to be consecutive, so you can send for example. a drabble and two page essay, and a three page comic or any combination.
- The fanzine will be about 25 front and back pages, printed in black and white interior with a color cover and back.
- It will be home printed on normal paper with cardstock covers.
- Binding will be stables and duct tape (this is a high class project!)
Who Can You write About:
For the purposes of the fanzine, I will include fanworks about the following groups
From the comics: Any of the original Young Allies, Kid Commandos, Invaders, and the Liberty Legion. Isaiah Bradley is also fine, as are any of the respective villains.
From MCU: Howling Commandos and Peggy Carter, and Howard Stark, Villains from TFA are also fair game.
Modern Times Comics & MCU: Ann Raymond, Radiance, Agent Triplett (form AOS) and any other children or Grandchildren are also fair game.
Please, please, please though, remember this is not a Steve/Bucky fanzine. If you write modern or MCU Steve/Bucky you have got to connect to the Invaders dynamics somehow. Also the exception to children here is Tony Stark. Yes I’m including Howard, and yes I said children, but MCU Tony Stark is outside the scope unless he is simply include as a minor characters child in a fic with other Howling Commandos.
If you’ve got any questions just ask :)
Length of Fanworks
- Fanfics, Essays, and Comics should be between 1-6 pages
- Comics should work in an upright format at 8.5X11 size
- Drabbles are allowed (though multiple drabbles work best)
- Poetry is allowed
- Collaborations are allowed
- Art should be black and white line work, some shading and digital tones will be ok, but please nothing huge with grayscale as that as the same cost as color. They can be a full page, half a page, or 1/3 a page
Ok here is where I get into the even odd thing I mentioned. In order to make at least 1/2 of the Invasions good for everyone, what is ok depends on if the issue is odd numbered or even numbered.
Odd numbered issues will be:
- Any Rating is allowed
- Any ship is allowed
- PWP is allowed
- Pretty much whatever you like will go
Even issues will be:
- no graphic sex or violence (keep it PG-13)
- ships are allowed, but this is to be more gen focused.
- The following ships types are not allowed:
incest (including Jim/Toro), adult/minor
- PWP not allowed
So if it isn’t clear, Odd issues don’t have rules, even issues have rules. As this is issue# 2, all art, essays, and fics must abide by the rules for Even issues.
Again, any questions, just ask.
- There is no payment this is non profit for fun.
- If all contributors or ok, I would distribute FOR FREE issues at the App press con “Stables” but ONLY if all contributors are comfortable and again, no money, would be given out for free.
- I would like to make a digital copy available for free for download to all.
- Physical copies will cost 3.00. for all. THIS IS NOT PROFIT! THIS IS COST TO PRINT! and I am probably still taking a loss on ink.
So that is the fanzine I am looking to make. I am hoping I can keep this going with maybe two out each year. We shall see :D
And as always any questions, just ask!
SUB-MARINER & THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH TPB
Written by ROY THOMAS & DANN THOMAS Penciled by RICH BUCKLER Cover by RICH BUCKLER Namor the Sub-Mariner, Avenging Son of Atlantis. Jim Hammond, the original android Human Torch. Two icons whose rivalry dates all the way back to the dawn of Marvel Comics. Now, learn the full story of two legendary adversaries who would one day become allies, even friends. From enemy of mankind to wartime savior — from Fantastic Four foe to staunch Invader, Defender and Avenger — Namor is a man of contrasts. Relive the life and times of Marvel’s mightiest mutant as only he could see it. Imperius Rex! Meanwhile, a recently revived Torch looks back to his own uncanny creation. Meet his sizzling sidekick, Toro; learn his incredible part in Hitler’s downfall; and discover why the flame of Marvel’s first hero was doused for so long! Collecting SAGA OF THE SUB-MARINER #1-12 and SAGA OF THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH #1-4. 392 PGS./Rated T …$39.99 ISBN: 978-0-7851-9048-6"
!!! These are wonder mini series :D
I am so happy they are collecting these